Saturday, August 12, 2006

She did it! At least I think so....

As part of our last push for 1000 Sunday I was encouraging people to bring 100 people and called it Pastor's 100 club. There was one sister who brought about 50 but she really wanted the 100. I teased her afterwards and told her that it must be that the ladies can't do it, because it was only the men that had brought over 100. I don't believe that for a second, but just wanted to stir her up a bit. She said "Oh Pastor! Not so!" I said, "Well I don't know, you haven't did it yet..." She said "I will!" I asked her when she would accomplish this feat and she said within one month. Well...today was the last Sunday of that one month. As I pulled up to church this morning, there was already one jeep of people waiting, and soon several others arrived, all carrying people she had invited. Before the last jeep had arrived, I had already counted over 90 that she had brought. I am pretty sure she got the last few she needed.

I think the greatest part of it is, there was not a special push for today, she created her own motivation and went and did it. Hurrah! for her and for the many that prayed for salvation this morning!

No comments: