Friday, May 07, 2010

Him? or His help?

I heard a man recently who was remarking about America directly after 9/11/01.  He said when America came together to pray after the horrible tragedy, you could find many who prayed for God's help, but no one praying for Him.

I think we can see the same today when many are concerned about getting His blessings, but not Him.  I have often heard the scripture quoted: "Seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things will be added unto you."  Usually when I heard someone saying that, they are focusing on the second part....all these things shall be added unto you, and not the first part, seeking the kingdom of God and seeking Him.  He is a far better blessing then anything material.  He is not a means to an end, nor the  requirement before you get the goods, He is the center of life, in His presence is fullness of joy!

His presence in itself is a blessing!  He satisfies!

(Psa 73:25) Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee.

1 comment:

T. Jeter said...

I never thought about them wanting God's help not God. But that is so true in alot of areas.