Monday, September 11, 2006

Philippines Update

It has been a while since I have given you a personal update, so I will try to fill in the details of what has been happening over here.

First, we do want to thank all of you that continue to pray for us and have given for the support of the works in the Philippines. You are holding the ropes for us and we are thankful.

On the church front, we just finished a wonderful weekend in God which saw many at the altars praying for forgiveness of sins and also for the baptism of the Holy Spirit. God touched us in a special way and renewed our strength.

The bible college is beginning week two of a new semester, and we have several new students and there is an excitement as we learn together. We are still looking for land to purchase for the new bible college and have located several portions of land. Please keep this in your prayers.

Personally, Sis. Devonshire is in the closing weeks of her pregnancy and like many at this stage, she is ready to have the baby! We are excited about little Will (William) making his grand arrival and are making preparations. Please pray for the safe arrival of our son and quick recovery of my wife.

Rev. Gaudario is as faithful as ever "Bata ko iyon!" He's my man...My right hand man, he tortures me in the mornings with my Tagalog lessons, and I torture him in the evenings as he interprets for me in bible college by using idioms! There is hope on the horizon for him leaving the ranks of the single, there are four single bible college girls enrolled and all of the men in the school are already married!

It is rainy season here, but God has given us several weeks respite from any really bad weather, and we are thankful.

I hope this will suffice for a brief update. Drop an email to us when you get a chance. Correspondence from our family and friends is always welcome!

No comments: