Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Hospital Food

I believe we were the only Americans in the hospital while our son was being born.  One of those
days, when meal time came, the tender stomach of my wife faced this:
When the nurse came in and sensed our....errr....lack of appetite, she told the cooks we were supposed to get American food, and so the chicken began...Then one morning for breakfast, a hamburger was delivered, my wife isn't always fond of certain burgers, but it sure was good that day, even for breakfast!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My first time staying in the Philippines I was hospitalized for 3 days. My breakfast,lunch and dinner was fish soup. It's a good thing months before I aquired a taste for fish. I didn't grow up eating fish I didn't like it. But the soup was a life saver. It would have been alright if they would have removed the fish heads. =o yikes!

Sis. Shunk

Anonymous said...

Ummmm...Ummm...Not Good!

Anonymous said...

Where's the Balut????!
Love you guys: D. Smart

David and Christine Devonshire said...

Hey! Anytime you want some of this down home cooking, come on over! One brother said he saw a man cleaning the fish in the drain on the side of the road, and then selling it in the subdivision! We like fish, but we got so sick from it on our first trip here, we tend to stay away from it.